Are you relocating to Layton, Utah? If you are planning to move to Utah, or you just want to find a new place to live in Davis County, here are some things you need to know about Layton;
- Layton is located near Hill AFB, making it an ideal location for many employees and military residents being transferred for work.
- Layton is approximately 24 miles north of Salt Lake City. Commute time varies on the day, and there is access to Frontrunner, Trax, and a bus system through the Utah Transit Authority.
- The average home size is 2200 square feet with the housing market tailored to large and small families. There are modern townhomes in several areas and rental properties for those hoping to rent versus buying a home for relocation. The median home value is approximately $231,900.
- Utility costs average around $60-$180 for electric and $30-$190 for heating. It varies based on tow warm or cold you like to keep your home along with the size of the home.
- Garbage and waste disposal services are completed through the city and normally average $80 in the winter but around $120 in the summer based on the water usage for yards.
- While Hill AFB is the largest employer in the area, there are several large employers are located in Layton including Thiokol, Iomega, and Levelor.
- Several large retailers are located in Layton including Target, Walmart, and KOHL’s. There is also a large shopping mall with multiple stores and an aquarium.
- Layton is considered a family-friendly community with multiple parks, hiking trails, and access to several movie theaters, churches, and other family-friendly places.
If you are planning to relocate to Layton, give our team a call. We will help you find the ideal home in Layton that will meet your needs, and be a perfect location whether you need to commute to Salt Lake or somewhere closer.